Sunday, June 22, 2008

Killer Bees

So I was totally stung by a bee while I was out with a guy in his pool today. Right in the neck, because apparently that's prime bee stinging territory for me - if anyone remembers, the last time I was stung, I was stung a fabulous five times in the neck when I was inexplicably on a swing and kicked a hornet with my foot.

Luckily for me, unlike the last time I was stung, I didn't spend the next four hours with my head resting on one shoulder, unable to lift it. This time I only experienced mild pain and a lingering feeling that my life is just as absurd as I fear it is.

Fuck that.

In slightly less embarrassing news, Jim and I are still very much enjoying our time in the uber-swanky Saharan Motor Hotel. We've been dining on cereal, PB&Js, and hummus and... tostitos, because the Ralph's across the street somehow only carries cinnamon pita chips (and while they're delicious on their on, not so much bringing the deliciousness with the hummus on top) and 100 calorie mini muffin packs. It might be slightly less decadent then say, oh, staying in the Four Seasons and ordering their exquisite room service, but it suits us.

Jim's working hard, while I'm spending my time attempting to get hours at work, going to casting calls, and reading scripts for "vampire comedies" because that, friends, is my fabulous life. After a... very rough night last night, I'm now sitting on my ass watching Just Friends (one of the best movies ever, IMO) and chugging coke zeros. Yeah, that whole "giving up caffeine" thing? Lasted 2 weeks. Longer than ever before!

No comments: