Friday, May 16, 2008

So Long, DC!

The day is finally here! No, not the great LA move - that's June 2nd - but today is the day that I get the hell out of DC! The girls are coming over in about half an hour to help me get all my crap out of my apartment, and then I pick up the Budget truck at noon. I'm hoping to be out of DC by 2pm at the latest, just in time to get a little ways outside of the city, and then proceed to spend the next 10 or so hours trapped in rush hour traffic. Nothing like a Friday afternoon move!


I'm sad in some ways to be leaving DC, because I did have an amazing five years here, and I will miss my friends like crazy. I am very excited, however, because DC just isn't a good fit for me, and now I get two weeks of laziness with my family in Boston, then LA!!!!! I just need to survive driving the truck by myself all the way up to Boston. I have no qualms about the actual driving part, as I've driven the entire trip by myself before, but I am concerned about the fact that this time, no one else will be in the car/truck with me. As you may know, boredom is not my strong point, and I fear somewhere around Philadelphia I'll start going insane. Perhaps I'll pick up an ax-wielding maniac so I can have a good time.


I'm only half-joking.


See you all in Boston, where free and constant internet = actual updates again!

No comments: