Sunday, May 11, 2008

The Never Ending Pile of Crap

Days till Hull: 5
Days till LA: 22

I do not understand how I have so much SHIT. I've spent the past month throwing mountains of crap away, and yet now that I'm down to the wire, and packing up the last of my things, it just seems like there's more and more piling up. I don't understand how this much CRAP existed in a 500 sq foot studio apartment. It's nothing short of mind blowing.

Artist's rendition


At the very least, I've made up my mind about how I'm getting my stuff to Boston/LA, and what the hell I'm doing with my bed. My dad is going to take my bed (and the lamps that conveniently match it) and my bedside table, and I'll be bringing the furniture - and all 100000 boxes of crap I have - up to Boston in a Budget Truck. I was going to forgo a truck, but Budget was almost exactly $200 cheaper than UHaul, so there you go.

The Budget truck will be kind of a pain, as moving trucks often are (not to mention that I'm packing it alone on Friday morning, which should be... interesting. Provided I survive) but it means that I can bring back way more crap and not have to throw everything out. This way, some clothes and stuff can stay at my mom's, some more clothes and crap can stay at my dad's, and then I'll only be bringing the essentials with me to LA. I'll bring my clothes/shoes/makeup on the plane, and then have everything else shipped out. Thank god for helpful and willing parents.

I can't believe I'm saying goodbye to DC and my very first apartment on Friday, and that I only have a little less than 3 weeks until we head west. It's... shocking but amazing.

No comments: