Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Lightbulb Moment

The other day, some of my friends from work said they'd had a "lightbulb moment", so I asked what it was (meaning the idea, not the goddamn meaning of the term, because I do happen to be slightly more intelligent then I look, you bitches.) Well, today I had a lightbulb moment of my own:

It's the lack of seasons that are totally getting to me right now. Which is bizarre, because I always claimed I had SAD (and it is true that I'm prone to additional theatrics whenever the cold comes in), but now that I have no seasons (it's fucking ninety degrees outside right now - NINETY DEGREES) it's driving me mad. I don't particularly like the flow of this city to begin with, and now that it's just stretching endlessly on and on, every day exactly the same, none of the comforting seasonal - and life chapter - change coming on... well, I think it explains a hell of a lot about my mindset lately.

Time almost feels like it stands still out here; everyone is desperately trying to stay 20 years-old, it's the same shit day in and day out, everyone's chasing rather impossible dreams, and this place just sucks the life right out of you. Sure, it definitely has it's good points, and I've experienced a lot of great things out here, but man, in the end I just don't think it's worth it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Light Bulb Moments are the BEST!