Saturday, October 25, 2008

Halloween Prep

Jesus Christ, every entry on here starts with some variation of "oh god, I'm such an asshole, I'm so bad at updating," and this is because it's true: my name is Chelsea, and I am an asshole, and I am crap at updating. But then the first part of rehabilitation is admitting your problem, right? 

At any rate, today is October 25th, and we all know what that means - ONE WEEK TODAY UNTIL HALLOWEEN! Oh my god. I'm so excited I could have a heart attack, even though I'm 23 and should probably have my shit together by this point. At the moment, I'm getting into the season by taking it easy and watching a Scary Movie marathon on Comedy Central, because ohmigod I love the Scary Movie series almost as much as I love Halloween itself, and anything (both the scary and the mocking-of-the-scary) just makes me feel so much better around this time of year. 



This year, I'm going as a slutty Dorothy, which in effect perverts the last of my childhood dreams. I'm due to start writing my drug-induced memoir any day now; perhaps in a few hours, if Andrea makes good on her plan to smoke, or perhaps in a few minutes, because my neighbors are smoking, and it's coming through the window in a major way, and I think I'm starting to fishbowl. But I digress.

Pretty much my exact costume, but my shoes are way hotter


Yesterday, Danee and I went on a costume adventure spanning all the way from West Hollywood to The Valley (and downtown Burbank, my new favorite place in LA, because... well, because I have issues) and finally found the costumes of our childhood dreams - mine, of course, being Dorothy, and hers being Minnie Mouse. And, because we love being thrifty and crafty, we made our iconic shoes by spraypainting one pair yellow and one pair red, and sprinkling glitter on the red ones. Hello, ruby slippers! Oddly enough, we both had curiously lilac colored pumps, a color that I'm not entirely sure was meant to exist in nature, so voila - for free, we get costume shoes. Brilliant!

Pictures galore will ensue, because I've been here for 5+ months now, and I have a depressingly small amount of pictorial evidence to prove that point. And because it'll be Halloween, we'll be drunk, and we'll be in costume - I'm pretty sure you're breaking multiple laws if you don't break out the cameras. 

No comments: